May 5-13, 2018 is International Compost Awareness Week, and once again we are celebrating by supporting local food banks and food assistance programs. We hope you will join us!
For more than a decade, Laurel Valley Soils has teamed up with PHS to provide Premium Compost, Garden Soil and Enriched Topsoil for their LandCare Program and Urban Farms, such as Bartram’s Garden and Mill Creek Farm.
Here are several ways we can all help to feed our soil and feed our neighbors during ICAW:
- Visit the New Garden Growers Market on May 5 and 12, 2018, purchase Laurel Valley Soils Premium Compost and 100% of the $ of your purchase will be donated to PHS City Harvest! BYOB (Bring Your Own Bag or Bucket) or BYOT (Bring Your Own Truck) for larger quantities of compost.
- Visit Bartram’s Garden on May 5, 2018 from 12pm-2pm and BYOB (Bring Your Own Bag or Bucket) to pick up some Laurel Valley Soils Premium Compost for all your spring gardening needs. 100% of of your $ donation will go to PHS City Harvest!
- Visit a participating Garden Center, (Molzon Landscape Nursery, Achin Back Garden Center, Primex Garden Center, Delaware Hardscape, Behmerwald Nursery, Pughtown Agway, Haines Farm and Garden, West Chester Agway, Feeney’s, County Line Nursery) and purchase Laurel Valley Soils Premium Compost for your spring gardening needs, and $6 per yard of compost purchased will be donated to PHS City Harvest (or Fulfill when Premium Compost is purchased at Molzon’s).
- Join Laurel Valley Soil’s Joe DiNorscia at Primex Garden Center, where he will share his knowledge of all things compost at 11:30 am on Saturday, May 5! Check out a demo of live mushrooms growing in compost, and then learn how that same compost helps you grow robust gardens and landscapes! Joe will be will be available after the workshop from 12:00pm – 2:00pm to answer all your compost questions.
- Donate! Thank you to Surburban Contractors Association for their donation!
Have questions? Call us! 610-268-5555 or email Suzanne.